Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in skin care but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Theodora Ntovas-Roth, Founder of YASOU, located in Chicago, IL, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
YASOU skin care is a luxe wellness, Greek-inspired skincare line. Our customers range from women to men of all ages who believe in fitness, wellness, health, and protecting our planet, environment, and earthly animals.
Tell us about yourself
Many things were going on in my life several years ago, and somehow I took action to address these issues, and from it, YASOU was born.
- I had this deep yearning to reconnect with my heritage.
- I saw a need for a luxe wellness line (back then, you hardly saw any).
- I wanted to create something that was really good for people and the environment, something that I could give back. I wake up every day feeling blessed for that day and with the thought that something great may happen.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
I feel my biggest accomplishment has been seeing my vision to fruition and having my customers tell me how much they enjoy YASOU creams and how they have seen results from them.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
Believing in yourself 100% and staying positive, at least it has been in the past few years with COVID, and now we are getting back to some normal way of life, and I think, wow, my small company made it through this difficult time.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Do Not Be Afraid.
- Do your research, be open to what comes your way, and stay organic.
- Get a good lawyer to create your contracts,& register your trademark.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.