Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in personal and business development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Tami Chapek, Founder, and CEO of WeInspireWe, located in Chicago, IL, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
WeInspireWe is an international Executive Leadership and Career Coaching Firm that offers a unique approach to supporting leaders, regardless of title or tenure, in their plight to rise up. By harnessing inner strengths and tapping into true potential, leaders are empowered to transcend their current selves and exponentially impact the world around them.
We believe in the power of leadership, and we also believe in the power of equality. We have a passion for supporting women and underrepresented groups to become greater leaders in the workforce and in their own personal lives. We know that optimized leadership works to enable diverse thought and representation, collaboration, and innovation and ultimately results in greater successes for companies and individuals involved.
WeInspireWe exists to:
- Support leaders to rise up to their desired levels – without fear, judgment, or shame.
- Guide leaders to define their voice and leadership style – stepping into their own authentic power.
- Dig deep to find answers to "who are you" and "what do you really want," leading to greater personal and professional satisfaction.
- Provide real-life leadership examples and tips to inspire continued growth and development.
WeInspireWe was started based on passion and enthusiasm for building strong leaders in the world around us. We are determined to help support growing careers and provide leadership examples and strategies to lift up the next manager, individual contributor, or executive. WeInspireWe is dedicated to supporting the growth and development of all leaders with a focus on leadership branding, authenticity, and strategic career path planning.
All leaders, regardless of how tenured or inexperienced they are, must grow, adapt, develop and be visionary to be the very best that they can be. And WeInspireWe is committed to enabling just that.
Tell us about yourself
My name is Tami Chapek, and I am the founder and head coach of WeInspireWe – a unique leadership and career coaching organization dedicated to supporting leaders, regardless of title or tenure, in their plight to rise up beyond their current state and amplify their impact on the world around them. I started the organization based on my belief that being a leader is a right, and the pathway to being great should be more straightforward than it is for most. I have over 20 years of corporate experience in team and individual coaching, leadership development, healthcare, and B2B marketing and advertising.
With a combined strength in coaching and in building strong brands, I harness my unique gifts and focus on empowering individuals to:
• Identify and reach professional and leadership goals.
• Overcome barriers to success, creating sustainable change.
• Find and/or refine personal brand and leadership styles.
• Define career paths and support career advancement.
Through a unique combination integrating strategic fundamentals and performance optimization, I support clients by working to identify their unique attributes, skills, and values to advance their leadership and professional goals. I work with clients to reframe and expand their future potential and am enthusiastic about guiding and cheering on my clients as they reach new heights, catalyzing change in both their and their team's lives.
In addition to personal coaching, I also bring real-world leadership and career concepts to life with hands-on leadership and career training, customized workshops, building and supporting collaborative leadership initiatives, as well as speaking engagements. I am also passionate about women's empowerment and leadership and bring a unique offering to corporations to expand their diversity and inclusion footprint.
Specific Areas of Expertise:
• Executive leadership, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence.
• Leadership advancement and career goal setting + implementation.
• Stress management and organizational strategies for prioritization, time management, and internal motivation.
• Team management skills for motivation, buy-in, expectation-setting, communication, and constructive feedback.
• Professional Certified Coach, ICF
• Certified Professional Coach, iPEC
• Master Practitioner - Energy Leadership Index, iPEC
• Executive Women's Leadership Certificate, Cornell
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
In 2021, WeInspireWe expanded from 1 coach to 7 - offering clients access to highly-skilled, highly trained, and empathetic coaches. All offer a unique perspective and approach to coaching, which allows WeInspireWe to expand on our mission of inspiring leaders and amplifying impact. We know that coaching is a powerful tool for success, and each person has their own path - it is our goal to make that path achievable for everyone.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Shifting from solopreneur to entrepreneur with seven total team members took a great leap of faith and confidence in knowing that when I focus on what works, the rest will follow. They say that you need to work "on" the business, not "in" the business, to be a successful entrepreneur, and I've been learning how to shift accordingly. While each day brings its own opportunities, having a team of outstanding professionals by my side makes it that much easier.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Understand that there is no such thing as perfection (i,e. starting somewhere is better than not starting at all).
- Lean on your community for tips, tricks, empathy, support, and collaboration. At the heart of it all, humans genuinely want to do the right thing and help each other out.
- Don't let the inner critic talk you out of your greatness. Playing small will only hold you back from what beautiful things you can bring to the world.
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
It is an honor to be a thought leader and contributor in the coaching space. I know personally that coaching changed my life by shifting my perspective, allowing me to gain greater awareness and understand that I have more power in my life than I ever knew. And YOU do too. Whenever you feel stuck, need a little motivation, encouragement, etc...know that there is always a coach nearby to be that third party, unbiased cheerleader for you.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.