Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in health and wellness but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Basim & Ramsha Mirza, Founders of Retreat Institute, located in Costa Rica.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
We're a grassroots community of entrepreneurs, visionaries, and lightworkers that lifts one another. Our customers are dedicated to deepening their spiritual and professional practice through the experience of our products and services.
Tell us about yourself
We (Basim & Ramsha Mirza) are already successful entrepreneurs in the health and wellness space. They developed an understanding that physical health is linked to deeply rooted emotional blocks. Having traveled all over the world, done countless workshops, and hours on meditation practice, they discovered the blueprint to find better health through meditation and self-inquiry. Hearing miracle stories and transformations motivates us each day. To the level of impact we're making, and to hear those stories is a dream come true!
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Impacting over 2 million customers.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
The hardest thing would be to let go of perfection and to delegate to others. This is essential when scaling any business.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Journal your plans every day.
- Every day, write down three things that bring in the most impact to your business and follow through.
- Move tasks off your plate so you have the energy to put in more strategic hours on your business.
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
- Focus comes from following through on the things you know bring in the most results. Recognize what drives the most results, and write down your goals. Piece apart every part of your plans that help you get to your goals.
- Document and standardize everything you're doing and develop them into training manuals. This saves you a lot of time and energy on training others.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solopreneur that you'd like to share, then email firstname.lastname@example.org; we'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Feel inspired to start, run or grow your own subscription business? Check out subkit.com and learn how you can turn "one day" into day one.