Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in personal development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Carrie Howard, Founder of Thrive Anxiety Solutions, located in Gunter, TX, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I am an anxiety coach that helps women ditch their anxiety and thrive in a fearless and fulfilling life!
Tell us about yourself
I’m a licensed therapist that grew disillusioned with the traditional medical model of psychotherapy and medication management for anxiety and fear issues. That approach CAN be helpful, but I also feel it’s too limited for many people and often yields incomplete results when it comes to anxiety recovery. I believe we are complex human beings that need a more holistic and comprehensive approach to mental wellness!
I became an anxiety coach because I used to suffer from intense anxiety many years ago. I was able to recover and have lived the last 15 years in sustained freedom and recovery from it. Now it’s my passion and calling to help other women find that same kind of freedom as well!
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Here are a couple of things I’m proud of from these last several months since I started out:
- Learning how to market on social media - I grew my Instagram from 0 to 10K followers in less than 8 months.
- Building a signature evergreen group coaching program from the ground up that truly transforms women’s lives.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
Being my own boss! It’s quite thrilling in some ways because I’m calling all the shots. However, sometimes I feel the weight of having everything on my shoulders and knowing that every responsibility of keeping the business running falls on me alone.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- If you have a dream in your heart to start a business, don’t dismiss that - that desire is there for a reason. I have always wanted to have my own business since I was young, and finally following through with it has unlocked so much passion and feelings of fulfillment for me.
- You should know before starting a business that it will be challenging. Entrepreneurship is often romanticized, but it is truly a lot of hard work. Also, remember that although it is hard, it can be incredibly rewarding as well!
- Hire a business coach or someone who has done what you want to do successfully. It makes such a difference having expert mentorship when you’re starting out!
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.