Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in personal development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Vanessa Grace, Founder of Soul Amplified, located in Vancouver, WA, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I looove working with spiritual women who want to experience profound personal growth. There are so many rewards that come from understanding yourself deeply, and I’m here for it! At Soul Amplified, I primarily help women shift away from codependent patterns, align their life with their dreams, and tap into their Divine Feminine. Really, the women who work with me have a lack of fulfillment somewhere in their life. They ask themselves questions like:
- Is this it?
- Isn’t there more?
- Why does this keep happening to me?
- Why do I keep doing this?
- Why don’t others help as much as I do?
- Why aren’t others more compassionate?
My clients are usually the ones in their families seeking understanding, disrupting family patterns, and doing things their own way. This can be really uncomfortable, so they are motivated to evolve. They want the Bliss and Radiance that comes on the other side! How do I help women get to Radiance, Bliss, and Aligned with their Dreams? I use a combination of psychology and spirituality to transmute inner systems of belief. I undo big-picture relational patterns such as people pleasing while increasing living dreams now. I believe the deeper answers that many of my women seek are somewhere in the combined spaces of personal and spiritual understanding.
My work includes private and group coaching, day retreats, online programs, teaching videos, workbooks, and podcasts. There is also some fun merch!
Tell us about yourself
There are many threads that have led me to where I am right now with Soul Amplified and as a person. Firstly, I was in therapy and discovered I was codependent. This came as a shock, but then I ended up spending about two years in group therapy relearning how to relate, self-care and set boundaries. There was so much I didn’t know, and it was grueling. Because I was a therapist when this happened, I already had a lot of knowledge that I could plug these new How-to-Stop-Being-Codependent skills into. Soul Amplified was born to help women who were just like me evolve past their codependent patterns.
As I am ever-growing, my business changes with me. I was going through a spiritual awakening, soaking up all the experiences and knowledge I could about tarot, chakras, reiki, energy healing, crystals, manifestation, and more! I saw how valuable these experiences and understandings were for me, so I kept adding them to what I was doing at Soul Amplified. The women loved it! This is how my combined specialty of psychology and spirituality was born. How many women get to work with a coach who is a licensed social worker or a former therapist who can also do a damned good energy healing session with you while talking about something like soul contracts?
My heart radiates goodness and love when I am working with my clients. Experiencing their breakthroughs, Ah-Ha moments, and celebrating their changed lives is what I love! I know there are many more women out there who crave the kind of transformation I am offering. When women have balanced boundaries and give themselves what they really want, they are unstoppable. Women with full hearts, who don’t overgive, can change the world. That is what I’m on a mission for. Women are changing the world. I’m just helping to get them ready to do it.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Several things clatter in my mind. I know I’ve impacted a lot of lives in a lot of ways. I’ve been in the helping profession for 20 years. Some days it feels like an accomplishment to just be here and continue to show up. Be present. Do it. I’m also proud of my own personal evolution. Something that I am most proud of right now is how well my podcast is doing. The Soul Amplified Podcast just had its 200th episode a few weeks ago (March 2023) and also just passed 30,000 downloads a few weeks later. I really love this podcast, as it’s a way to get my message of healing out to many people. It’s free, and as long as you want to grow and learn, you can access it. I often do not hold back on the details of how to make the change or see the relational/family pattern differently. How to make healthier choices, and how to self-reflect. Even if you never work with me, never reach out; you can change your life just by listening to the podcast. And since I want the world to change, I feel really good about that.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
As you grow, how you show up in the world changes. It affects your business, especially if you ARE the business. As a person who is sensitive to energy and as an empath, I really need to be aligned with what I’m doing in my business. It is scary as hell to put the new version of you out there and to tweak your business to accommodate who you are now.
If being authentic is important to you, each new version of you is craving to be seen. People can feel it if you are being inauthentic, even though they may not consciously realize it. Even people who don’t believe in energy can sense if something is off. Maybe they just call it their gut instinct. I’m fine with that!
When it was time for me to share my spiritual self online and through my business, I didn’t really know how to do it. I didn’t know if I would be rejected. I didn’t know if anyone would be interested. The same thing happened when I added the divine feminine and menstrual cycle as catalysts to guide women’s lives. Every time, the people who were craving my message found me and found growth. I’m in the middle of a change right now, and even though I’ve done it before, I’m still scared to put out another version of me as I evolve. I’m still doing it because being true to myself is vital.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Start before you are ready. You figure it out as you go, and that makes you learn way faster than watching a video online or reading a book. (Although, you will never find me talking down about books—read everything!) I started my podcast one step at a time when I didn’t know what I was doing by finding a free resource on how to do it. I also recorded my first few episodes in one afternoon just to rip the band-aid off and stop any more self-sabotaging delays!
- Have a personal passion and reason why you’re doing it. This will hold you to your mission when the circumstances are rough. And that will happen a lot. I just had to go through a rough tax situation and change the person doing my payroll and accounting. Trust me, knowing I could go back to tarot, educating about the magic of ovulation, and talking about boundaries with spiritual women made fixing the tax issues so much easier. Can you imagine if I owned a business doing something I didn’t give two effs about and had to deal with icky tax issues? It won’t seem worth it! So, make sure you love whatever your business is about.
- When things get tough, it means you’re learning a life lesson. So frequently, people think that rough situations are external circumstances and just pain in the ass. If you choose not to learn life lessons about yourself from these circumstances, they will repeat. Knowing there is a purpose for your personal growth behind the weird stuff that ends up happening in business helps you to have a positive mindset while you are going through it. That does not mean it is easy. It gives you a chance to have a calmer perspective and see how you can change your inner self. Always ask yourself what you learned from a situation. Go deep. It will likely revolutionize how you see conflict and make you a better person.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.