Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Sonja Mark, Founder of BEEGINS AT HOME, LLC., located in Central California, CA, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
BEEGINS AT HOME, LLC is an online business that offers remote virtual-type services, has a printable planner page online shop, and uses affiliate marketing for small business online tools. Shop printable social media planner pages—also multipurpose daily productivity pages. These pages are for those who love efficiency and use planners to apply advanced planning techniques. Benefits of using planner pages:
- Remember small details
- Measure steps to achieving goals
- Recognize roadblocks
- Track habits
- Gain clarity
Increase productivity for improved time management. Decrease blue light radiation—when pages are printed. Improve health—good planning decreases stress and anxiety. I also help small business owners manage their Facebook ads with customizable packages, including graphics and search engine optimization for social media and consulting.
Read about Facebook advertising and small business online tools on the BEEGINS AT HOME blog.
Find solutions for Facebook advertising:
- Target active and specific audiences
- Increase website traffic and brand awareness
- Improve lead generation
- Increase sales
- Strategy planning
- Retargeting and micro-targeting
Find solutions for small business online tools:
- Read reviews to investigate which online software fits your small business needs:
- Streamline processes
- Track progress
- Increase workflow efficiency—reduce costs and enable business growth
- All-in-one options for easy accessibility
- Integration and automation options
- Increase productivity
- Store data
- Track records
- Have activity logs
- Faster and more effective communication
- Decrease mistakes
Tell us about yourself
Raising my seven-year-old daughter alone in the mountains, divorced with 50/50 child custody, inspired me to start an online-based business. The need to make money to manage the minimum financial responsibilities on a day-to-day basis has the biggest motivational impact. Knowing some people can benefit from my knowledge and strengths inspires me to keep building my business.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Becoming a business owner was a surprise. This was not a lifelong plan, but my situation with my daughter inspired me. I am proud of myself for making it this far and learning as much as I did in a short amount of time while managing a child alone during my weeks.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Being able to convey consistently accurate and clear communication. It seems common that probing is needed to clarify messages.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Self-awareness. When you are aware of your strengths and weaknesses, it is easier to find help in the appropriate areas.
- Mental health. Being able to think clearly can result in a better decision-making process. It is easy to forget or not make a priority what we eat, how much we exercise, and lifestyle activities and organization habits that promote good health. These factors and many others help balance hormones that may lead to stress and inaccurate perceptions of situations.
- Protect yourself, customers, and clients. Whether it is property crime or cybercrime—taking the steps tailored to your business’s needs to protect your assets and data will help protect sensitive information from exposure, keep costs down, and save time. Rebuilding workflows and gaining people’s trust is hard to recover after.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.