Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Alexander Cassata, Founder of Revenue Boost, located in Kings Park, NY, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Revenue Boost is a B2B sales & marketing consulting + education company.
Our clients are B2B small business owners & entrepreneurs that have a great vision for their company but get stuck along the way due to a lack of knowledge, skills, and expertise with the sales/marketing side of their business.
We help our clients improve their skillsets and set up simpler & more scale-able client acquisition systems, so they can gain more consistent growth and reach their true potential!
Through our consulting & coaching, we focus on 3 key areas:
- B2B Lead Generation through Outbound Prospecting (Scaling Linkedin + Cold Email)
- Sales Process Optimization & Sales Call Training
- Building a Sales Team from Scratch
Tell us about yourself
I started my career working in sales, marketing, and sales management for a long period of time before I ventured out on my own, to start my first business, which was a marketing company.
Getting our client base and getting my business off the ground in a few months came easy to me due to my professional training in sales. I soon realized this wasn't the case for many entrepreneurs. After having some success in my first business, I had so many entrepreneurs and other business owners in my field coming to me for help and advice. I realized they all had excellent products/services and satisfied clients. Still, we're stuck at a small scale because they were never formally trained in sales/marketing. After all, sales is something that is hard to learn and not taught in formal education/college. So I noticed a huge gap! So I started helping other business owners here and there and hosting some workshops and events. I found a passion for teaching & helping others win in their own business.
What motivates me is seeing our clients succeed and seeing them go from being stuck/struggling with the same problem for a long time to totally transforming their business after learning what we teach! Not only transforming their business and getting more fulfillment from it, but their own personal growth in the process.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Honestly, the thing I'm the most satisfied and proud of is being able to have made it work and live my ideal lifestyle! I've had some big wins and accomplishments, but I'm really most proud of being able to say I love the work I do, work with great people, and get to have my dream of living life on my own terms. I've spent the last 3 years outside the US living abroad, currently in Vietnam, running my business remotely! I was also a college dropout, so I'm grateful for the fact I was able to achieve success despite that.
Some other tangible accomplishments I'm proud of:
- I was invited to be the speaker for Ad world 2022 in my area of expertise (B2B lead generation), which is the #1 biggest conference in the advertising industry!
- Revenue Boost's current business achieved its first $50,000 month in only 4 months of business. We've had some great growth with this new business!
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Having to know a little bit about everything! Even though you can hire other people to fulfill roles for you, you still need to have some understanding and base-level knowledge of that role to hire and manage someone to do the job properly. Also, being the sole person responsible for everything in the business and all of the toughest problems/biggest decisions.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Spend as much time on yourself as on your business! You are the business, and your mindset, health, and time management/energy management skills will greatly impact what you can accomplish.
- Realize that setbacks, rejection, and failures are part of the process. You have to keep a positive attitude, be resilient and patient in getting to your end goal, and really stick with your business for the long run! Too many people just try to "get rich quick," and as soon as it takes longer than they'd like, or they have their first big setback, they quit and do something else. I've learned that patience and failure resilience are some of the most important traits. It's not supposed to be easy, but it's worth it - expect difficult times to come! Take any failures and setbacks as learning lessons on moving forward smarter and going through them, rather than taking them as a sign you should pivot or give up.
- Commit to learning as much as possible and selling and marketing. No matter how great your product or service is, you need to get good at getting people to know about you and become customers. Plenty of great products failed because the founder didn't focus enough on marketing and sales.
- Have fun with it and enjoy the journey as much as possible! It's a very rewarding experience and well worth the struggles and hard work you'll face. Just try not to get too emotionally attached to things and enjoy the overall process. Even during the tough times, there are still things to be grateful for - like the fact that you're running your own show in the first place and the fact that tough times make you stronger and smarter. So stay positive and remember to enjoy it!
- It seems people are more successful when they focus on creating value for other people's lives and solving problems they care about - rather than just getting into business to make tons of money. Money is a bi-product of helping other people, and that should be the primary focus. Of course, making money is important; it just can't be the only thing on your mind
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.