Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in mental wellness but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Michael Ballard, President of Resiliency for Life,Ltd., located in Toronto, ON, Canada.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I specialize in consulting and presenting on a personal, team, and organizational level for:
- Personal and group beliefs and values, skills on being resilient through key skills and processes
- Personal and group skills for problem-solving.
- Personal and group culture.
My clients are businesses, governments, associations, community groups, and individuals.
Tell us about yourself
I started my business after spending more than ten years in corporate life in business development and retail consulting. Now, over 24 years later, I've been blessed to work from Bermuda to Singapore and coast to coast in North America.
I got interested in this topic as I saw the high burnout rate in corporate health care during my days in corporate and during my 7-year challenges with two bouts of cancer and three brushes with death.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
I am pleased with several. I developed and delivered a 3-hour video training program themed on having a Thriving Career for an international IT firm. They rolled it out to 10,000 staff and, in time to spouses and youth of staff.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Making follow-ups is one of the hardest things about being a business owner.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Hire support professionals to do what you dislike doing, i.e., hate bookkeeping, hire a bookkeeper, or at least get organized.
- Join a group for community service to get you away from your business, or volunteer, or join a business networking group that will support you and help you grow your business.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.