Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Jean David, President of Public Innovation, located in Québec City, QC, Canada.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I am interested in the place of creativity within groups and organizations and in the deployment of a culture of innovation. My clients are business leaders and elected officials.
Tell us about yourself
The challenge for every organization is to ensure that creativity is at the heart of every activity. Creativity should not be the sole property of a small group of individuals. The following are guidelines for fostering creativity in the workplace:
- Establish a climate and design concrete projects that encourage the creative contribution of every employee
- Support these initiatives with training in creative problem-solving
- Give employees the tools and the encouragement they need to be creative
- Stop making pious promises
- Walk the talk
- Setup an employee appreciation program
- Institute not only a new management model but a genuine communication model
- Revamp the hierarchical structure and the bonus system to reflect the creative contribution of the employees
- Dare to provide innovative management by putting the company at the service of every employee.
Try this approach, and you’ll get results.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
I would say it's still being here pursuing my corporate mission.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Managing in adversity.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
Three key words: Creativity, Identity, and Competitiveness.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.