Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Waleed Bekheet, Founder of Protagona LLC, located in Plano, TX, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
We're an Amazon Web Services partner focused on helping customers create sustainable solutions on AWS. Our customers are across many industries, either starting their cloud journey on AWS or have already started and looking to build advanced capabilities to achieve their goals.
Tell us about yourself
I've been in consulting for 20+ years and have always been passionate about helping others solve problems and achieve goals. One of the "aha moments" I had early on was that to make a true impact on customers; you have to approach solutions that address both the tech and people side of the problem. I'm very passionate about solving core challenges and not just the side effects surrounding these challenges.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
- Building a company that is based on values and principles, not just a financial plan. Approaching every decision in the business from a people-first POV and always doing what's right for the people that took a chance on me.
- Navigating the initial fears and doubts about starting a business helped me become more dedicated and focused.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
The constant worry about the level of responsibilities associated with growth. Ex: I have families that depend on me, and I have to do everything in my power to ensure their security and happiness.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Build something that you are passionate about and find self-fulfillment in operating.
- Start from your customer's perspective and back into how you will make a difference in whatever they need.
- Don't be overwhelmed by the logistics of building a business. Embrace the unknown and utilize your personal network as a supporting ecosystem.
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
I wanted to build a company where engineers and architects have an environment to be creative and feel free. Understanding that each individual team member is unique when it comes to career, motivations, and skills becomes a critical foundation for team fulfillment and serving happy customers.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.