Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in coaching but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Alison Verge, CEO of Path2Love Coaching, located in Toronto, ON, Canada.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I am CEO of Path2love Coaching; we help busy professionals, male and female, mainly over 40, go from feeling frustrated and hopeless about love to energized and confidently able to meet the right partner so they can have the incredible, lasting relationship they so desire. 💕
Some of the things we work on:
- Detailed, science-backed approach to gaining clarity on exactly what you need in a partner.
- Clearing limiting beliefs.
- Building confidence, self-worth, and resilience.
- Breaking down past relationship histories, patterns, and problematic expectations.
- Assessing attachment needs and preferences.
- Developing dating skills (flirting etc.), attitudes, and communication styles.
- Uncovering any sexual issues and how to overcome them.
- Personalized strategy to meet your life mate with and/or without dating apps.
- Boundary setting and why it's important.
- Writing dynamic, honest, and compelling profiles to attract the RIGHT MATCHES.
- How to know its right and when it's wrong.
- How to nurture relationships.
We custom tailor a strategy based on exactly who you are, what has been holding you back, and what you need in your relationship for it to be fulfilling and stand the test of time.
Tell us about yourself
I am a certified Sexologist, Relationship Coach, Dating Expert, Co-Author of "Radical Self Love', and my favourite title, Mother of two amazing teenage girls. With a nuanced understanding of love, lifestyles, and relationships, I have identified the critical components of finding the right relationship without wasting time, money, and emotional resources.
Like so many, my path through life and finding love wasn't exactly typical. Having to deal with a sudden disability, leading to the end of my 20-year marriage, I found myself single and hesitantly entering the dating world once again. It was shocking, unfamiliar, and challenging! However, I was not happy just accepting the emotional rollercoaster and decided to tackle it with a modern approach.
After coaching myself, years of education, countless hours of research, personal interviews, and analysis, followed by my coaching of both sexes, things completely turned around. Not only did I meet my incredible partner (still happily together after 5 years ❤️), but I developed the knowledge-base and refined skill set that allows me to successfully help my clients make a positive change in their entire lives and find or develop relationships that will truly fulfill them. Witnessing my clients' joy as they finally find their dream relationship means everything!
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Being able to start one business, make it very successful, then completely switch gears, follow my heart and run another business that really transforms people's lives! It was a very risky thing to do, being a single mom.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Most coaches work virtually nowadays - sometimes it can feel a little isolating not having others surrounding you to collaborate with and chat with next to the water cooler 😀. I make an effort to attend many networking events to help overcome this.
There is also a lot of noise out there about all the things you should be doing. It's easy to get overwhelmed and think you have to do everything at once!
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Be very clear on exactly who you are and what you want so you run a business that truly means something to you. That is when success is really going to come your way!
- Develop a step-by-step plan that works for you. Ignore all the noise and the temptation to do everything at once. Master one step before you begin another.
- Do not wait for everything to be perfect before you launch. You will never do it then, as nothing is ever perfect. Launch, get feedback, and make adjustments as you go. Learn from your mistakes.
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
I was hacked back in Dec 2021, so I am just rebuilding my social media accounts after they were all deleted. I would also love to offer your readers a free discovery call to find out what is blocking them from finding or having the love they so desire. They can book a consult at https://path2love.com/consutation.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.