Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in marketing but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Ope Michael, Founder of Opemichael, located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I coach startup entrepreneurs on how to start their brands and scale by 0-10k/mo.
Tell us about yourself
I started my brand seven years ago, and more often than not, I get my customers asking me if I can help them start something similar with the proper branding. This motivated me to go full-time coaching. My goal is to help someone out there who wants to start a brand but doesn't know how to, where to start, what comes first etc.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
I have a lot of accomplishments, but I will mention 2.
- Helping people achieve their dreams and goals is one of my most significant accomplishments.
- The art of birthing a product and bringing it to life.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
One of the hardest things is to find a leader like you. As your business grows, one of the prayers is to find an honest and trustworthy leader to grow your brand with you. Especially when you begin to open several storefronts. As business owners, we need people who can think like a leader and carry the vision of the brand.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Start anyhow. Along the way, you will get things right and in the right perspective.
- Focus: Along the journey, there would be a lot of distractions. Always remember the five-letter word.
- Start with what you have where you are: Don't wait till you have all the funds to start up. There can never be enough money to start a business. Along the way, people will believe in your dreams and be interested in investing in you and your brand.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.