Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in business consulting and services but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Nadia Omair, Founder of Winowin Consulting, located in Melbourne, VIC, Australia.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Winowin Consulting helps small business owners get their time and sanity back by taking administrative, marketing, and other managerial responsibilities off their shoulders so they can focus on doing what they love.
We provide small businesses with one-on-one collaborative consulting and affordable virtual support solutions, enabling them to save time and money and leverage the specialised skillset that they need to elevate their business.
We offer a one-stop solution for all business needs. Our services include:
- Administrative support
- Project management
- Digital Marketing
- Social media management
- Graphic design
- Process management
- Virtual Assistant services
- Tech support
- Web development and maintenance and much more...
Our mission at Winowin is to help business owners get their time and sanity back so they can experience the most joy in their work, break free from the daily grind and stay laser-focused on the bigger picture.
Tell us about yourself
I founded Winowin Consulting in January 2019, following the birth of my son, as I wanted the flexibility to work around my family life and ambitions for developing a successful business. I created my own online consulting business with a passion for bringing a unique skill set to SMEs and start-ups to enrich their business through the one-on-one collaborative relationship of ongoing professional virtual business support.
As a mumpreneur, I believe it is important to love what you do and be passionate about your life. This balance creates a positive energy that reflects the progress we have made. This is what exactly helped me to be successful in my entrepreneurial journey. I believed in myself and created a business that I would love to work on passionately every day. Not only was I able to establish my business within a few months, but I was also nominated for a national business award in the initial years of my journey. I will be celebrating the fourth birthday of my business very soon, and I am very much near to hitting six figures. There is obviously no looking back!
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
I've helped hundreds of business owners save time and money in business. Seeing them have so much freedom to do the things they actually love and want to do makes me feel accomplished. I feel honoured to be an integral part of so many exciting business growth journeys. I feel thankful for all the recognition and appreciation I have received so far for my work.
In my first three years in business, I won my first national business award, got featured in national publications and digital magazines, was interviewed by a local radio channel, and now, I am a Finalist for the Business Mum of the Year award.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
As a business owner, you will face countless number of challenges in your initial years. You will have days with shaken self-confidence. You will have questions. You will have doubts. BUT you need to keep going and keep believing in yourself. This is called perseverance, and I think it is one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner. But, at the same time, this is your key to success!
If you lose your confidence and start doubting yourself, you can never be successful in your entrepreneurial journey. Believe in yourself and go out there; you can conquer the world!!
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Business is all about passion. You must be passionate about your work and success. As a business owner, you may have to do things you don't enjoy doing or you are not good at, there will be ups and downs. One day you may be confident about your business idea, the other day, you may feel stuck and unsure if it will even work. The point is, if you are passionate, motivated, and committed; you will not give up ever you will learn the things you don't know, you will do the things you don't like such as admin or bookkeeping, and you will do them all well because you have this passion for success.
- If you are a service-based business owner like me, be a part of the right networks and communities and build real connections with others in the corporate world instead of working in isolation. You will be more confident in the entrepreneurial world, learn so much every day from other successful entrepreneurs, and will be able to establish your business so quickly. Being a part of the right community also enables you to stay motivated and inspires you to feel supported. The right community lifts you, supports you, and holds you accountable for your goals. And if you build genuine connections inside those communities, then your competitors cannot replicate this golden asset. You will definitely be a winner!
- Plan!! You will need to plan your goals. I see so many business owners just going with the flow! That is a big NO. To be successful in your initial years, you need clear goals, you need clarity, and you need direction! You need a PLAN. Determine where you want to see your business in three years, then set your annual goals, and break them down into quarterly, monthly, and weekly goals. This is a game-changer. If you need support, guidance, or help, reach me out, and I can show you how you can do this.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.