Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Matt Sweetwood, CEO of Greener Process Systems Inc., located in Boca Raton, FL, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Greener Process Systems has developed a patented and revolutionary modular system to capture maritime, industrial emissions, and CO2. Our ship emissions capture technology, SETH™, reduces pollution, to near zero, from docked oceangoing ships (such as freighters, cruise ships, ferries, etc.) in urban areas near ports. Our IEM systems have industrial applications such as in glass, paint, cement, food factories, etc.
Greener's systems improve health conditions for millions and reduce the impact of Air pollution and CO2 on the environment.
- Industry - OEM Manufacturers, Raw Materials Manipulators, Mills & Factories.
- Maritime - Ship Operators, Carriers, Port Service Providers &Port Operators.
Tell us about yourself
After I successfully exited my previous 25-year business, I said I would only take on a new role if it made a difference in bettering our lives and the environment. When the opportunity at Greener came along, I could not pass it up. It motivates me each day to know I am contributing to a cleaner and Greener planet.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Over my entire career, it's been able to bring together the right team and the right outside help and overcome whatever the marketplace throws at us to find success.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
The never-ending responsibility to our shareholders, partners, employees, clients, and the people who ultimately benefit from our technology.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Know that you will work way harder and way longer hours than in a regular 9-5 job.
- You will have constant setbacks and difficulties, so be prepared to understand this and know you haven't failed unless you quit.
- Seek lots of advice, but know that you are the one responsible for making the right decisions.
- Believe in yourself and your project with all of your heart. If you don't, who will?
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.