Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Melissa Therrien, Founder of Live Each Day, located in Batavia, NY, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Live Each Day is a lifestyle brand inspiring busy, motivated women to explore life well-lived. There are three core segments to my business:
- An inspirational lifestyle blog featuring content on food & recipes, motherhood, lifestyle, mindset, and personal growth & development.
- Digital courses/group coaching programs designed to help women rediscover themselves and turn their passions into an online business.
- Coming in 2023 - an online e-commerce store offering apparel and home goods.
Tell us about yourself
I am an entrepreneur and a business and personal development coach who is pivoting out of a 20+ year executive career to focus on building a passion-centered online business. Founding Live Each Day allows me to explore the more creative side of myself. I have a passion for writing, painting, cooking, and exploring nature. I also love to coach others for personal growth and fulfillment.
Founding Live Each Day has allowed me to combine over 20 years of business experience with my passions so I can coach other busy, motivated women to rediscover themselves and create a life that allows them to live their values and purpose. I help women identify a path that will allow them the freedom to truly live each day, not just survive each day.
Sometimes years into a successful career, after balancing the responsibilities of motherhood, full-time work, and other daily commitments, women can begin to lose sight of their authentic selves. The pressures of everyday life can cause them to put their passions on the back burner. Many women think they are too busy to pursue a new path for themselves. I fully understand the pressures of a busy life and have developed specific strategies to help even the busiest person pursue their dreams. Certainly, if I can do it, they can too, and I’m here to coach and guide them each step of the way.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
My biggest accomplishment as a business owner is getting started on this new path of entrepreneurship. Getting started is often the hardest part. It can be challenging, but with commitment and consistency, it is absolutely possible. Aligning my values, passions, and purpose with the values and mission of my business is something I am very proud of. I am extremely excited to coach, guide, and support others to identify a new and fulfilling path that fills their soul and meets their financial goals.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
The hardest part is just beginning. It takes courage to chart a new path for yourself. It also takes diligence and commitment. When you start a business, you are often doing everything yourself as a solopreneur before you scale and begin hiring a team. Juggling the demands of your new business with your current daily responsibilities can be challenging, but I have identified very practical ways to do this. That's one of the reasons I specialize specifically in coaching busy, motivated women to make this pivot in their lives - I can fully relate to them and identify with their daily challenges. I have developed concrete, realistic ways to help and support them in accomplishing their goals.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Just begin. If you have the vision and dream of starting a business, dig deep into your soul, define your WHY (your reason for wanting to do this), and just begin. Push yourself out of your comfort zone and start taking small, consistent, daily actions toward your goal.
- Surround yourself with a supportive community of like-minded, like-hearted, goal-oriented people who will encourage and support you when you step outside your comfort zone. Being around people with similar goals and mindset is not only inspiring and motivating but also soul-nourishing and incredibly fun.
- Find a coach or mentor who you respect. This person should be able to identify with your unique needs for support. The early days of your entrepreneurial journey can be somewhat lonely and challenging. You absolutely need someone who can guide, coach, and support you to meet your goals. The right coach will guide you in the specific business actions you need to take and help you develop the mindset you need to succeed in business. You will get where you’re going more quickly with the right coach. More importantly, the right coach will help you appreciate and enjoy the entire journey, not just the end goal or destination.
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
If you are interested in being a part of my beta group for one of my coaching programs, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. By joining as a founding member, you will receive a discount on the program and weekly personalized coaching in a virtual group setting.
Rediscovering Me is a low-cost program for busy women who feel like they’ve lost themselves to motherhood, career, or in many cases – both. The program helps you rediscover who you are outside of the roles in your life, find your way back to your authentic self, and gain clarity on your most important life goals.
Passion to Plan is my digital signature course & business coaching program designed as the ultimate guide and blueprint to turn your passion into a successful online business. By the end of this program, you will have a strong & clarified business idea, a well-defined action plan, momentum in your business, & the self-confidence you need to pursue your passion-centered online business. I coach you through strategic planning and all your business start-up activities.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.