Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in personal development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Laura Herde, a life, mindset & manifestation coach and NLP practitioner, located in Bielefeld, NRW, Germany.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I am a certified Master Life and Success Coach for ambitious, purpose-driven women who are ready to break through mental blockages and fearlessly go after their dreams by teaching them how to heal mentally, emotionally, and physically, as well as how to effectively combine the law of attraction with the law of action to achieve their desired results.
Tell us about yourself
I used to suffer from depression from age 12-15 and afterward got interested in all things mental health, how the mind and human behaviour work, and how our emotions impact our actions... what started as an interest and passion turned into a side hustle when I started my Instagram channel in 2014 to share my personal growth journey. I was posting about mindset + life hacks that helped me live a happier life. Eventually, in 2017, 3 years after building my personal brand, people started reaching out and asking for mentorship. Back then, this felt so far away, as I didn't see myself as a mentor yet. However, I was open to seeing how I would act in this role. After giving coaching for free, I eventually started charging for them. That was when my coaching business was born. What motivated me back then, and still motivates me to this very day, is the ability to support someone in living a happier life. I know what it feels like to hit rock bottom with your mental, emotional and physical health. Being able to help people move from hopelessness and stuck-ness to freedom, fulfillment, and true contentment feels absolutely incredible and will forever be my main WHY.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
- Having helped more than 300 clients from all across the globe in the past 6 years.
- Overcoming burnout and now feeling more balanced and whole than ever before.
- My biz generates multiple 6 figures a year while I am working less than ever before.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
- Building a strong foundation (nurturing an audience takes years of consistency).
- Showing up when you don't see any results yet (especially in the first 1-2 years).
- Having difficult conversations with team members.
- Being in all roles - CEO, visionary, coach, creator, community builder, manager, customer support, etc., especially when you don't have the means to outsource yet.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Start before you feel 'ready'; it's a decision you make for yourself to start messy.
- Follow through and stay consistent when others would give up - business is a long-term game.
- Outsource as early as possible; don't do it all by yourself and burn out fast.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.