Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in personal development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Kinga Gorski, a high performance coach, meditation and yoga teacher based in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I help spiritual-minded wellness pros, creative entrepreneurs, and holistic practitioners become magnetic high performers using meditation, goal execution, and the power of their subconscious brain.
Zen High Performance Method is my signature 8-week online program that helps you reinvent yourself, overcome obstacles towards your goals, heal, and make an impact through your purpose so you can both create and attract your ideal reality.
My clients come to me when they need support with releasing resentment from the past, feeling limited about what’s possible, disconnected from their power, off track from their goals, or stuck in their circumstances—all of which block their ability to create real, meaningful, and sustainable change in their life.
Tell us about yourself
In 2018, I went through a deeply painful breakup a few weeks before my 29th birthday. I moved in with my mom a few cities over (now, being 29, I was embarrassed). The longer commute affected my work, and I had to leave one of my studios which impacted my finances. I was mentally fogged, emotionally drained, creatively depleted, totally unmotivated, and so depressed it felt like I was dying for nearly two months.
Everything I had—relationship, home, job, sense of self, even my passion for my goals—suddenly just... gone. I began a consistent meditation practice which changed the course of everything, and started asking myself: What was this next phase of my life going to be about? What did I really f'n want?
Day by day, choice by choice, habit by habit, I reinvented myself and rebuilt the life I deserved. I've since had the honour to work as a high-performance coach and meditation teacher with clients ranging from CEOs, A-List Hollywood actresses, large corporation head offices, all-boys private school staff & students, and non-profit organizations with 200+ people.
Because I was able to go through my own Dark Night of the Soul and come out on the other side more resilient, peaceful, empowered, and more trusting in myself than ever before… I created Zen High Performance Method to help you turn your last setback into your biggest, baddest comeback, so you can get back to your best.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
When your clients share testimonials like:
• Important things they valued (that were on the back burner) were now being prioritized in their life, and that brought them a new sense of fulfillment and joy
• They were spinning all the entrepreneurial plates (with three side hustles on the go), and after helping them scale down to focusing on just one main thing, they had not only more peace but also their best financial month in business yet in January (when it was notoriously slow)
• They’re sleeping better because they now have tools to manage their anxiety, stress, and thought rumination
• Manifestations were coming in like hotcakes—one client found her dream house and accepted a new job offer within weeks. Another client ranked up in her business, had an audition for a movie, and got engaged… all while they were going through ZHPM
• During the course, one client summoned the courage to enrol in school for a new career (which she gained clarity on during the program) after her corporate job went bankrupt during Covid and left her uncertain of where to go next
• They went from being their own biggest enemy (thinking they’re not good enough, not smart enough, etc.) to upgrading their subconscious programming, upgrading their identity, and installing new beliefs and habits for supercharged confidence, self-worth, and ability to action their next big goal
• Enrolling in the program is one of the best decisions they have ever made
Helping people in the same way that I helped myself through one of the most difficult and painful experiences in my adult life is such a gift, and I’m so grateful.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
Working in the dark and charging with faith into the unknown before you see results, and also during “build” periods (which are usually seen as stagnation).
What I mean by that is, while you’re:
- Building a course
- Working on a project
- Revising/updating your current offerings
- Doing something new that you feel matters and will make a difference
- Creating something out of nothing
There’s nothing but space and work, often without feedback or encouragement, when you’re a solopreneur—especially when you're just starting out. It’s just you, your notebook and pen, your computer, your ideas, your craft, and your vision. Most people quit when they’re not quickly validated with vanity metrics (views, likes, shares, comments, sales, enrolments, praise). I personally know people (and have heard of others through books and interviews) who worked in the darkness of the unknown for 3 years, 8 years, or even decades before their ideas and offerings finally took off.
The difference between these entrepreneurs and most is: They don’t do it simply because they can or want to do it. They do it because they can’t not do it. It’s not just about passion; it’s about obsession.
Here’s the big Q: How long would you be willing to go at it? Even if it took 20 years… Is your dream not worth the wait?
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Choose your “hard.” It can be hard to develop skills, but life is also hard when you have little or no skills. It can be hard to launch a business idea you're obsessed with, but it'll also be hard to stay in a job you'll increasingly hate for the next 10+ years. Redefine what "hard" means, what it looks like, and how it feels to you. Gamify it and see if you can make the hard things the fun part. Choose your “hard”; otherwise, life will choose it for you.
- Embrace the unknown. Most people are afraid of the unknown, and they don’t know how to navigate uncertainty, but the unknown is actually thrilling because that’s where all possibilities for your life currently reside. If you don’t like your current physical life experience, you can’t create an exciting new future for yourself using probabilities based on past experiences because those are part of your “known” reality. The only place you can create something wonderful and mystical is from the “unknown”; to do that, you need to become the type of person “who would have, do, and be that.” Change your energy = Change your life.
- Don’t quit, can’t lose. Simple, you can’t fail if you never stop. We must raise our levels of necessity and courage if we want to persevere during the tough times (and there will be many… trust me). That said, as we pursue and achieve our goals, it's also important for us to cultivate that grounded sense of steadfastness and nurture an omnipresent satisfaction, peace, and contentment internally, regardless of present external circumstances or ultimate outcomes. Because as soon as we summit one mountain, yet another peak to climb instantly reveals itself. It's enough to drive anyone crazy on a long enough timeline. Be sure to take care of yourself, take breaks, and protect your self-belief so you can play the long game while staying on your A-Game.
- Get help. Going at it alone can feel confusing and lonely. Having someone in your corner who’s walked the path before you can feel like an all-in-one comforting hug, shot of inspiration, and GPS that can conveniently guide you on where to go and what to do on the next leg of your journey.
Feel like you'd benefit from having a coach who can help you navigate those hard-feeling next steps? Reach out on IG to start the convo: @kingagorski
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.