Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in wellness but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Michelle Holmes, Founder of Heart’s Ease Hypnosis and Breathwork, located in Valparaiso, IN, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I help people on a path of transformation. Usually, people who work with me ask questions about their lives, the world, and their place in it.
My clients often:
• Have a strong (but perhaps vague) sense something bigger is waiting for them.
• Feel hungry to use their time on earth to create a better world but don't know how to do it.
• Have ideas they can't yet articulate but keep showing up.
• Crave a life that mixes deep mystery, beauty, joy, and unity with science and the rational mind.
• Want to explore the part of themselves that is truly, fully, free.
Tell us about yourself
I love to help people bring their magnificent gifts into the world! I started my career as a journalist and then transitioned to executive leadership. I started many new successful initiatives by matching the right people with the right ideas and giving people space to dream and do. Eventually, I realized that my greatest satisfaction came from helping people meet their own challenges and nurture their own lives. I'm motivated by helping people find a path of more love and more freedom in their own lives — and to make the world a better place for everyone. I especially like to support leaders who are building new capacities for connection and cooperation.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Staying true to my own visions and values and sharing those with others through my work. I know I don't do things the way others do, and being OK with the challenges and gifts that they bring.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Having no boss to complain about! I'm joking, but the radical responsibility — that the buck stops here — is both challenging and liberating.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Believe what you have to offer is needed in the world.
- Listen to the people you serve.
- Continue to evolve — keep up the inner work necessary to be open to new ways and new ideas for evolving your business.
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
Business owners often get so busy driving forward that they don't make space for new ideas and new big dreams to take root. I love to use coaching and hypnotherapy to assist people who are bringing their gifts to the world and becoming happier with the lives they lead.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.