Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in sports and fitness but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Ganon Baker, Owner of Ganon Baker Basketball, located in Melbourne Beach, FL, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
We take people to a place where they can’t go on their own through basketball education and training!
Tell us about yourself
A Vision from God (Romans 12:2). Impacting people and not letting God or myself down motivates me every day! I also want to provide for my family! They motivate me!
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
- I have consulted, spent time with, and been on the court with several HOFs and World Champions in the NBA/WNBA.
- Done business in 51 countries and 6 continents.
- Been in business for 23 years.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
You “eat what you kill.” Meaning most of your success depends on you. You control your destiny, but the public has the final “SAY.”
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Make sure you are clear and certain that you want to run a business.
- Make sure you are competent in what you sell! You have to have VALUE!
- Make sure you don’t have a plan “B.” Your pain tolerance and diligence have to be high!
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.