Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Dr. Chester Zoda, Founder of Chesterzoda.com, located in New York, NY, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I help Doctors & Health Experts Earn $10-100K/months Passive Income By Selling Their Expertise. My customers are Doctors & Health Experts.
Tell us about yourself
I am a doctor, educator, and philanthropist. I help overworked and underpaid health professionals achieve financial freedom. I'm on a mission to decentralize and democratize health education. I founded the Digital Doctor University (helping doctors & health experts earn $10-100K/month passive income by selling their expertise online). Featured on Forbes, Entrepreneur, and #1 Doctor Podcast Networks, I have been crowned as the "Leading Authority in Online Education" and has mentored the world's top health professionals to become highly-paid Digital Doctors, working with experts in Harvard, Oxford, Cambridge, Yale, and NASA...
During COVID-19, I was working 80-100 work weeks and feeling burnout and overworked. Due to family circumstances, I wanted to spend more time with family but could not due to clinical obligations. I decided to spend 2-3 hours on weekends starting an online course on business teaching digital marketing (Facebook advertising). My first online course made $5,000 in the first month of launch and was featured on the front page of Oreblo magazine. Despite my initial success, sales started to fade, and a new opportunity arose. I started taking on additional clients on the side, helping Ecommerce and Digital Marketers launch their online courses.
My colleagues noticed how fast I was growing and wanted my help to do the same. At first, I ignored them because I was uncertain that my methods would work in the healthcare profession. But the emails and messages kept piling in. Eventually, I decided only to teach my methods to a small group of doctors. To my surprise, they saw results too. The more I taught my methods, the more results they got.
To accommodate doctors' busy schedules, I simplified my system to 4 weeks; To eliminate tech costs and headaches, I spent $35,349 engineering a proven sales process (Infinity Funnel™) and upgraded web designs, refined into a complete program (w/ worksheets, trackers/planners, and community). In late 2020, I decided to leave my clinical practice to create solutions dedicated to equipping healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs, and leaders with the skillsets required to guide humanity into a bright future.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
OUR PHILANTHROPY. At Chesterzoda.com, we help busy doctors build their own online education businesses. While most of our clients come from first-world countries, the story is remarkably different in the developing world.
BUILDING SCHOOLS IN NEPAL - Nepalese children face significant hurdles to accessing even basic education. In 2016, the UN Human Development Report ranked Nepal 133 out of 188 measured countries in the Human Development Index, placing the country in the lowest band for human development in the world.
80% of the population live in rural or non-urban communities, presenting yet another barrier to education. Furthermore, when the major earthquake hit Nepal in 2015, over 8,500 schools and 30,000 classrooms were destroyed. Whilst 1,600 schools have since been rebuilt, there are still thousands of children with no access to a safe education. We believe our role in reforming the education system goes one step further than providing the best online business training for Doctors in the world. In late 2020, we're beginning talks with a charity operating in the mid-western foothills and the far-east of Nepal.
Our project will involve the demolition of an existing single-storey 4-room building and replacing it with a new, 2-storey, 6-room building providing a spacious and safe learning environment for the students. As well as funding the project, Chesterzoda.com will seek to foster close ties with the Trust and the local community in Arthar. True education reform doesn't involve one-off charity donations. We look forward to visiting the site to review construction and meet the members of the community to see the impact the project will have.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
One of the hardest and also most rewarding things is to help my clients "unlearn" the limiting beliefs that are holding them back. Here's how I see it. There are only two types of Doctors (works for Health Experts too!)
- Doctor A: Spends 6 days a week tied down to long hours, bureaucracy, and eventually burnout on 1-on-1 consultations.
- Doctor B: Spends less than 1-hour generating passive income by selling their expertise on the Internet. They have a work-life balance, spend quality time with family, and can be anywhere anytime.
One of those doctors is free as a bird. One is tied down year after year because they need to, not because they want to. Do I have to tell you which is which?
BUT - Hold on: Is it your fault that we have all been conditioned from years of medical training that the ONLY way to help people is through sacrificing our time, health, or relationships? Absolutely not. We see this time and time again with members coming into the Digital Doctor™ program. We've had it drilled into us for decades that we need to be working weekends and missing out on our children's golden years. But what if there was a better way?
- To make a meaningful impact without trading our time.
- To automate your expertise without sacrificing family.
- To be your own boss, from anywhere, anytime.
Most people realize this, but for some reason, they find it's one of the hardest things for us to accept. So let's look at the facts. But the sad truth is that 54% of doctors are burnout, 88% of doctors are severely stressed, and 59% of doctors won't recommend this path to children. Doctors these days don't know what steps to take to start diversifying. Some doctors don't even think for their family's future.
This is what we do in the Digital Doctor™ program… leading our members step-by-step to make $10-100K/month passive income and achieve financial freedom, WITHOUT the long hours, bureaucracy, and burnout.
Three years ago, I looked at myself in the mirror as a burnout doctor in the Emergency room - and I promised myself one thing... If I continue doing what I'm doing, I'll continue getting what I've gotten. But - If I decide to take action and build passive income… This action has paid dividends for decades into the future and helped me replace my clinical income, retire completely, work less, make more, and help more people!
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- FIND A MENTOR. The simplest way to success is to find a mentor who has done what you want to do. If you simply follow in his/her footsteps, you will replicate a fraction of their success. When I first started, I put everything into finding mentors. Because I understood how valuable it is to learn from those who are already where you want to be. And I still continue to seek their advice today. It's a mistake to try to figure things out on your own. Smart doctors don't waste their time going through trial and error. They find a proven process and a mentor who can teach them what's working.
- CATCHING TRENDS. Catching trends is about recognizing the opportunities in front of you and investing in yourself before you miss out. Jeff Bezos was one of the first to catch the eCommerce trend. Now he is the wealthiest person in the world and enjoys family trips on his rocket ship to outer space. In 2021, there is a new trend for e-learning. Online courses will become a 350B industry by the end of this year, growing at an exponential rate. Many medical providers like you and I are selling their medical knowledge 100% automated from their laptops.
- ACTION. Want to know what the biggest killer of hopes and dreams is? Procrastination. It's simple. If you want things in your medical career to change, you must stop waiting for a miracle. Whether you succeed or not will ultimately depend on your ability to make things happen for yourself.
If you want my help, go here: https://chesterzoda.com/program.
Is there anything else you'd like to share?
Our mission is To Help Every Doctor Experience The Financial Freedom They Deserve. Visit the link for full details - https://www.chesterzoda.com/mission.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.