Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in business development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Dan Kopp, Co-Founder of Dinamico, located in Pleasant Prairie, WI, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
We have refined the art of aligning compensation with employee value. Our clients are able to create and easily manage compensation systems that help them:
- Attract candidates who fit them.
- Retain great people.
- Encourage and reward satisfactory AND exemplary performance.
- Ensure compensation equity.
We work with small and medium-sized organizations/companies.
Tell us about yourself
We started Dinamico because we knew there was a better way to compensate people other than with traditional, longevity-based systems. Employers can customize their compensation systems for every employee group they have, even if it is a group of one or thousands.
Our clients are experiencing improved cultures, and trust permeates their organizations. My motivation is this: my mission is to help other leaders, and my legacy is the impact those I help have on their organizations. Dinamico is the vehicle to make those come to fruition.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Establishing a client base in all three sectors of the employment market: public, non-profit, and private.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
The logistics were inherent in running a business. You may be an expert in your field, but that does not mean you know what it takes to keep track of leads, market your business, write copy, etc.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- NETWORK!!!!! Others have figured this out already, and you can learn from them. Plus, a network can provide you with the support necessary to keep you motivated.
- Remember to focus on meeting your client's needs rather than your own.
- Become very comfortable with being uncomfortable. There are a lot, and I mean A LOT, of ups and downs. Don't let the roller coaster get to you.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.