Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in personal development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Sean Grey, Founder of Confidence on Tap, located in Southhampton, Hampshire, England.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
I am a performance coach that helps people achieve their potential by releasing any emotional blocks that often get in the way of their success. I work with musicians, students taking exams, sportsmen, sportswomen, and people in business who struggle.
Tell us about yourself
I injured my back coaching tennis in 2006. This normally would have put me out of work for around two weeks. My sister introduced me to an extraordinary Holistic technique (Emotional Freedom Technique 'EFT') that healed my back within a few days. Inspired by this, I trained to become a practitioner.
I use this simple, gentle, powerful technique to help give people back control of their life. The joy of being able to transform people's lives from where they are to where they want to be is a huge motivation for me each day.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
- Helping release musicians and performers from Stage Fright.
- Students get the results they deserve in exams.
- Releasing golfers and cricketers from that devastating condition called 'yips.'
- Helping salespeople deal with the emotional pressure of hitting targets.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
- The underlying pressure of being self-employed.
- The motivation to find work, promote, and prove yourself.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Take action: write blogs and social media, and create videos.
- Do the research: invest in a great website, and create wonderful content that works for you.
- Find a balance in your life: make time for your friends, family, and joy.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.