Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Dr. Clinton Bullock, Founder of Clinton Bullock Worldwide, located in Las Vegas, NV, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Clinton Bullock Worldwide (the CBW) is a high-performance coaching practice that specializes in assisting professionals, entrepreneurs, and aspiring high achievers to overcome self-sabotaging and other dysfunctional behaviors so that they may function at extraordinary levels by living efficiently and creating a life that is professionally successful and personally fulfilled. I founded the CBW after accumulating 20 years of teaching, coaching, counseling, and higher education administration experience, accompanied by two master's and a doctorate. So, I thought opening the CBW would serve as an excellent way to maximize my talents and make sure that people across the world were being provided with the assistance they needed to maximize their potential and become their best selves.
My clients are represented by those who wish to excel in life. These also are people who have been plagued by self-defeating beliefs and other types of ineffectual habits that have impeded their growth, personally and or professionally. My clients are also characterized by those who may already be high-performing individuals. However, they lack that extra piece that will take them to the next level. In that, I have had clients from all walks of life. I have worked with people who were on the verge of their fourth divorce and who are tired of repeating the same dysfunctional habits that prohibit them from obtaining and maintaining a healthy relationship. I've also worked with millionaires and industry leaders who wish to enhance their leadership skills to better tend to their employees and overall business. At the end of the day, I help people become exceptional through the mastery of communication and the execution of functional and effective decision-making. I help people break free from their own mental limitations and provide them with the skills to become the efficient and empowered individuals they wish to be.
Tell us about yourself
I am highly motivated and driven by purpose. Originally from Philadelphia, I am the son of a teenage drug addict. I almost died five times, was caught in the middle of two inner-city shootouts, faced major discrimination in the US and abroad, and was diagnosed with PTSD as a result. Yet, I found solace and empowerment in dedicating my life to Education, martial arts (holding black belts in Japanese and Brazilian jiu-jitsu), and assisting individuals in overcoming obstacles, achieving their personal and professional goals, and creating the lives that they ideally wish to lead. From Europe to Asia to North and South America, through my teachings, lectures, and positions of leadership, I have witnessed the ways in which limiting beliefs, dysfunctional behaviors, and the victimhood mentality prevent so many people from maximizing and achieving their potential. In that, I am dedicated to and impassioned by assisting people in taking the necessary steps to overcome negative and hindering thoughts and emotions to create their best life.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
I would say that the three biggest accomplishments so far with respect to Clinton Bullock Worldwide have been...
- Financial Freedom - Within six months of founding the CBW, I created a six-figure business and have become financially free through said business. Actually, this month represents the third anniversary of Clinton Bullock Worldwide. It also marks three years that I have been able to do that which I enjoy, which is to positively affect people around the world in the most efficient manner possible, personally and professionally.
- Global Impact - Clinton Bullock Worldwide wouldn't be as successful as it has been over the past three years if it weren't positively affecting the lives of people all around the world. Over the last three years, the CBW has assisted in the forward advancement of hundreds of clients, and I've also done humanitarian work in Latin America as well. The humanitarian work that I do in Latin America (be it free coaching services, free Brazilian jiu-jitsu seminars, or free English classes) are examples of how the CBW serves the worldwide community. As mentioned before, high-performance coaching is what I love to do, and engaging with people, seeing them advance, assisting them in maximizing their full potential, and becoming their best selves completely motivates me beyond measure.
- International Recognition - The third biggest accomplishment of the CBW centers on being internationally recognized. I recently became a 3x Amazon Top 10 Bestselling Author with my first book entitled, "The 18 Rules of Engagement to Interpersonal Communication." Due to the success of the book, accompanied by the global impact of Clinton Bullock Worldwide, I have been featured in or seen on large media outlets, such as FOX, NBC, CBS, and LA Weekly. I even graced the cover of JM magazine in late 2021. So, receiving press is fantastic in the sense that it demonstrates interest in a company that is determined to effect global change. When people write testimonials and state how I saved their lives and their marriages or helped them become the person they envisioned themselves as that fills me up to no end. Comments of this nature motivate and push me to expand my influence so that even more people may be positively affected by what I do.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
The hardest thing in becoming a business owner is running the operations aspect of the company. I was a professor, a counselor, and a higher education administrator on four different continents. So, I am very well-versed in the areas of Education, human behavior, psychology, and leadership. In that, I understand what it takes to be effective and move people and teams forward. However, being a subject matter expert does not mean that you necessarily have the ability to run an actual business. If your marketing or messaging isn't great, then your product won't sell, regardless of how much impact it will make on the world.
So, that's why establishing a team to assist you in the operations aspect of your company is key. Now, when you first get started running a business, you most likely won't have the money to hire an actual team to push your product forward. In that, you basically do everything yourself. However, sites like Fiverr represent a great place to look for people who can assist you in building your brand. Fiverr professionals are well-versed in many areas, including operations and marketing, and their prices are very low to reasonable. Then, when your business acquires more revenue and you're able to put a team on your payroll, then your company will thrive even more.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
In order to grow a successful online coaching business, you have to:
- Invest in Yourself - Providing yourself with the skills and the credentials to assist others in their own development is key. You can invest in yourself in many ways. For example, you could get a master's degree or a doctorate. You could also become a certified professional coach or acquire a coach yourself. I do believe that getting a coach in your field makes a lot of sense, regardless of what else you do, because you always need to surround yourself with people who are where you want to be. If someone else is where you want to be, then you need to align yourself with them so that you can also achieve similar or greater results.
- Results - In order to get people to buy anything from you, you need to have one or both of the following things:
Testimonials: Testimonials represent social media credit, and it shows others that you're reliable, dependable and that you get results…because, at the end of the day, that's what people want—RESULTS. So, testimonials serve as a visual representation of the great things that people say about you and the results that you can deliver.
BE the Proof: If you don't have results because your business is new, then you have to be able to show people that you acquired results yourself. For instance, you may not have any clients or testimonials as of yet, but if you are a personal trainer and you have a six-pack, then your fantastic body will serve as your resume. People will look at you and say, "Hey, I want that." If you are in the life coaching space, people like to know the steps that you utilized to overcome adversity and pain in your life. Channeling your pain and suffering to accomplish great things creates character. Also, it represents the platform upon which many life coaches function. In that, if others see that you have experienced adversity in your life, yet you became successful, irrespective of that fact, then others will believe that the coaching program that you have created could serve as a blueprint for them to succeed as well.
- Build a team AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - When starting a business, it is important to build a team as soon as possible. Most people who start a business do not have the money to build a team. So, they have to do everything themselves. However, as mentioned before, one of the best things that can be done is to go to sites like Fiverr, where you can find low to reasonable rates where contractors will assist you in growing your business. You'll be very surprised how far $100 will go on a site like FIVERR. So, building a team out, even if they are just contractors, is tremendously important so that you, as the owner, don't have to be the CEO, the secretary, the operations manager, the marketing manager, and the PR manager. You can't do everything, as doing everything will leave you broken and burned out.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.