Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey by launching a yoga business, but not sure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Denise Alba, founder of Brave Wellness Studio, based in San Diego, CA, USA.
Tell us all about your business...
Brave Wellness Studio is the first Mental Health Wellness Studio in San Diego. We are here to provide a holistic approach to mental health issues and aim to di-stigmatize mental health.
What's your background and motivation to grow as a solopreneur?
- My family. My parents both immigrated from Mexico when they were young. They came to work hard and have a better life for themselves and their future children. I was a product of that and have that motivation to work hard for all that they did for me.
- The desire to help others. I have seen so many success stories at Brave and that motivates me to keep providing this space to help as many will benefit from our services.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Seeing the growth in our community and how each person supports one another.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a solopreneur?
Like any business trying to survive the pandemic, making decisions during this time. Pivoting the business to keep our doors open to help others.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run or grow a small business today?
- Get your vision and mission clear.
- Talk to others who have come before you.
- Launch and trust in your skills and what you have to offer.
What are some of the things you put in place to maintain a healthy work/life balance and to keep it all together?
Set boundaries with me. I set my schedule and stay as true to it as possible. I also delegate work as needed knowing I am not an expert at everything.
Who are your favorite entrepreneurs and why?
Any female entrepreneur, because it is so hard to be seen in a male dominant world. Those women that paved the way for us to be able to live our dreams are my favorite entrepreneurs.
Where can people find you online?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solopreneur that you'd like to share then email email@example.com, we'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Feel inspired to start, run or grow your own subscription business? Check out subkit.com and learn how you can turn "one day" into day one.