Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Candace Evans, Founder and Owner of Americas Garden Center, located in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
We are a Woman-Owned and the largest supplier of gardening, agriculture, and hydroponic supplies in Northern Los Angeles County and the Bay Area!
Tell us about yourself
Born and raised in South Carolina, gardening and farming have always been a part of my life. Gardening truly enables you to benefit the earth in some way, shape, or form. From the Ocean to Plants, Herbs, Fruits, Veggies, and Trees are all highly effective in each of our lives.
Owning a Gardening and Hydroponics establishment has allowed my partner and me to contribute by selling the proper products needed to accomplish a better earth.
Our products and Services:
- Increase access to fresh foods.
- Improve food security.
- Increase physical activity through garden maintenance activities.
- Improve dietary habits through education.
- Increase fruit and vegetable intake.
- Reduce the risk of obesity and obesity-related diseases.
- Improve mental health and promote relaxation.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Developing an establishment that provides products for every community to design and improve their gardening needs. At Americas Garden Center, we center our strategy around where we can find the most value for our clients.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
Being a corporation CEO/FOUNDER comes with multiple challenges day in and day out. Starting from inventory control, payroll, discounts vs. cost, profit, returns, and so much more. These challenges can provide very important knowledge to running a company. Each challenge should be observed, corrected, and ready to move on to better your company.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Love what you do. In order to be successful and fully successful, first have a love for the company you have started. Clients / Customers respond best to passion; when you are passionate about your company, others become intrigued with your business.
- Hire individuals that match your brand. In order for any company to become successful, it's super important for your team to match your vision. Employees are a representation of your success. The company you keep affects your outcome. The overall vibe of your company depends on what the customers see and experience while they are there physically and online.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.