Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in health and fitness but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Sarede Rachel Switzer, founder and CEO of Bring the Gym to Me, LLC., located in Brooklyn, NY, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Bring the Gym to Me is a fitness concierge service that matches clients with the right fitness instructors.
• One on one personal training or private yoga.
• Small in-home or in-office group fitness classes in various styles, including (but not limited to): Yoga, Pilates, Toning, Cardio/General Fitness, Martial Arts, Zumba, Dance & Gymnastics.
• Corporate Fitness Classes.
• Special group fitness classes (i.e., Bas Mitzvahs, Birthday Parties, School events, etc.).
• Both male & female instructors are available.
• We also provide fitness instructors to camps, schools, and other organizations.
• Customized workouts.
Our instructors are highly professional and experienced, and we have a network of over 1000 fitness professionals. We are mainly based in the NY metro area but we cater to anywhere in the US.
Tell us about yourself
I've always had a passion for fitness and started my fitness career by becoming a certified yoga instructor. I taught classes for a while, which evolved into renting studio spaces and hiring other types of fitness instructors for classes I ran, which eventually became my current business model of sending out instructors to various locations.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Hitting 100 classes in one week!
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Finding and maintaining high-quality instructors and administrative staff.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Pay attention to demand/listen to your customers.
- Be consistent, conscientious, and pay attention to details
- Be persistent - don't give up.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solopreneur that you'd like to share, then email firstname.lastname@example.org; we'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Feel inspired to start, run or grow your own subscription business? Check out subkit.com and learn how you can turn "one day" into day one.