Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Dianna Booher, Founder of Booher Research Institute, located in Colleyville, TX, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
We help organizations to communicate clearly and individuals to expand their influence through a strong executive presence--and often with their own published book.
Tell us about yourself
Dianna Booher helps organizations to communicate clearly and leaders to increase their influence by a strong executive presence—and sometimes with a published book. She’s the bestselling author of 49 books, published in 62 foreign-language editions. Her latest books include:
• Faster, Fewer, Better Emails: Manage the Volume, Reduce the Stress, Love the Results
• Communicate Like a Leader: Connecting Strategically to Coach, Inspire, and Get Things Done
• What MORE Can I Say? Why Communication Fails and What to Do About It
• Creating Personal Presence: Look, Talk, Think, and Act Like a Leader
• Communicate With Confidence: How to Say It Right the First Time and Every Time
National media such as Good Morning America, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Forbes, Fast Company, FOX, NPR, Bloomberg, and Entrepreneur have featured her work on business communication.
She’s the CEO of Booher Research, a communication consulting firm. Clients have included more than one-third of the Fortune 500, plus more than a dozen governmental agencies.
Dianna has earned some of the highest recognitions in her industry:
• Richtopia’s “Top 200 Most Influential Authors in the World.”
• American Library Association’s “Best YA Nonfiction of the Year.”
• Executive Soundview Summaries: “25 Best Business Books of the Decade”
• Axiom Awards: Silver Medalist 2018
• Speaker Hall of Fame (induction by the National Speakers Association)
• “21 Top Speakers for the 21st Century” by Successful Meetings magazine
• “Top Leadership 500” by Leadership Excellence magazine
• “Top 100 Minds on Personal Development” by Personal Excellence magazine
• “Top 30 Global Communication Gurus.”
• “Top 100 Thought Leaders in America” by Leadership Excellence magazine
• “Best of the Best: Top 25 Business Books of the Decade” by Executive Soundview Summaries
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
Writing 49 books, all published by major US publishers and also in 62 foreign editions. I've consulted with and delivered communication programs for more than 1/3 of the Fortune 500.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Finding strong people, particularly great salespeople and great administrative support.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Make sure you have adequate capital to pay yourself and invest back in the business to grow.
- Hire people of integrity and who are self-motivated. You can teach skills, but you can't teach attitude or motivation.
- Deliver every job and product as if your future success depended on that current success and customer satisfaction.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.