Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in business development but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Jessica Schultz, Founder of Amplify Group Inc., located in Chicago, IL, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Amplify Group provides sales consulting services to B2B startups and SMBs. Your fractional CRO, Head of Sales, or the accelerant and tactical support system for your current revenue leader – your ultimate hype team and sales support system.
Amplify offers end-to-end commercial strategy, technology, operations, team, enablement, pipeline, and channel development. We're passionate about accelerating growth for founders and operators with bold dreams. Our ideal client is –
• Providing B2B software or services, and
• Has proven Product-Market fit.
• A venture-backed startup looking to professionalize its sales process to scale, or
• An established SMB looking to revitalize legacy processes for continued growth.
Amplify is the optimal commercial partner providing both strategy and execution that is enhanced with an investor lens and experience.
Tell us about yourself
I really wanted to help founders scale. I observed that many founders struggle to transition from founder-led sales, and I saw an opportunity to fill that gap. I love what I do and the people I support.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
I just started this business in Feb 2022 and have already scaled it to nearly a 500k ARR business in roughly 6 months, which I am incredibly proud of!
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
Wearing almost every hat at first. You are sales, customer service, accounting, IT support...and the list goes on. But I wouldn't trade it for anything.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Maintain a growth mindset - never assume you know it all - keep learning always.
- Be transparent - with your clients, your employees - everyone. It builds trust.
- Keep streamlining and automating as much as possible - execution and operational efficiency are crucial to survival.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.