Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Everett Lynn, Founder & CEO of Amenify, located in San Francisco, CA, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Amenify is reinventing in-home services for millions across the United States. We accomplish this through a unique, three-sided technology platform:
- integrate/partner with Institutional Residential Property Managers,
- drive Demand from Residents,
- power our Labor/Supply with SMBs that use Amenify's end-to-end software to run their service company.
Tell us about yourself
I have been working in the field of PropTech (Property technology) for more than 10 years, and what drives me is helping others reach their potential. There is tremendous value yet to be created within the property/real estate industry using technology.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
In order, it would be:
- helping my team reach their personal and professional goals,
- enabling our partners with millions of dollars of income, especially surviving during the COVID crisis, and
- raising more than $16 million from investors to create an industry-changing platform.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
For me, the challenge of being an owner is striking a balance between two important things: being humble (learning) and staying confident (action). It can be a lonely job, especially during challenging economic times when hard decisions must be made.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Take time to plan and set realistic goals; this will help with your mental health and the ability to put work down and take small breaks.
- Don't start the journey without the most important co-founders in place. For example, if you are building a technology business in commercial real estate, that means a strong CTO and strong business leadership that knows the real estate industry
- Find people you enjoy working with!
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.