Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in health and wellness but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Marissa Liza, Owner of All Points Acupuncture & Wellness Center, located in Rochelle Park, NJ, USA.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, and wellness care. My patients are those who are seeking a more holistic approach to their healthcare. Some of the conditions I treat include pain management, autoimmune, fertility, anxiety, and beyond. Customers appreciate and want a solid relationship with their healthcare provider.
Tell us about yourself
I've always wanted to connect and inspire people, especially through movement. I originally wanted to be a dancer, but life took a different direction to become an acupuncturist. Acupuncture provides the perfect mix of art and science. It allows me to connect with patients and inspire them to live their healthiest life.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
- Being invited to speak about acupuncture and wellness within different communities and businesses.
- Building a diverse patient base that includes children.
- Having a trusting relationship with each of my patients.
What's one of the hardest things that comes with being a business owner?
So many hard things! Small healthcare businesses can be very tough in the sense that treating patients takes a lot of energy on top of daily tasks. Learning how to let go and delegate certain duties so that you can focus on what it is you do best in your business.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
- Have a solid business plan and vision - (this vision can change, but you must have one).
- Remember your why, and every business decision should be in alignment with your "why."
- Have patience and grace with yourself. Mistakes and tough times happen, but it is how you move forward that determines the success of your business.
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solo or small business entrepreneur that you'd like to share, then please answer these interview questions. We'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Turn your craft into recurring revenue with Subkit. Start your subscription offering in minutes and supercharge it with growth levers. Get early access here.