Interested in starting your own entrepreneurial journey in hemp products but unsure what to expect? Then read up on our interview with Matt Chandler, owner of AlcHempist, located in Golden, CO.
What's your business, and who are your customers?
We create premium Hemp products that support a healthy nervous system, relieve stress, bring calmness and clarity, and get better sleep. We have 3 main core benefits at the AlcHempist.
1) Education is Everything - We educate people on how their own bodies are designed to work with Cannabis and how they can use this plant the right way for their needs.
2) Help your Body and Heal the Planet - We create our products using unique all natural regenerative farming practices that support the planet and our bodies in a regenerative way.
3) CBD is Not Enough - We believe that CBD is just one of the magical compounds found in this amazing plant. We harness the power of the full Hemp/Cannabis plant through specific formulations designed to maximize results. We offer more than just another Hemp and CBD product and truly care about each client's specific needs and serve them at the highest degree possible. We treat our customers like family and spend the time to create an amazing experience and help them with their individual needs.
Our customers are people looking to go deeper and learn about how they can use this plant for their life. They care about the quality of the products and appreciate the steps we take to make a great, clean, and sustainable product that supports the environment and does not take away.
Tell us about yourself
I have always been an entrepreneur. I started my first business in real estate at the age of 19 and sold it when I was 29. I got into Hemp, CBD, and Cannabis because it helped me, along with many others, find a way to find calm, peace, and clarity in my life.
I watched the industry explode in popularity and witnessed many companies getting in to make a quick dollar, who did not care about the quality and results of the products they put out. I have see many people get excited about the possibilities of what the CBD and the Hemp plant could do for them, and watched them be disappointed when they didn't see the results the company had promised.
This fueled me to create the AlcHempist, where we create Alchemy using the Hemp plant, whose mission was to help people better understand the plant and how to use it to create their own Alchemy in their lives.
What's your biggest accomplishment as a business owner?
My biggest accomplishment as a business owner has been working hard and sticking with my mission and core values when things are tough. Every business hits a wall they must push through to be successful. There were many times where I had to make decisions not to cut corners and be more profitable because it would not align with our core mission and values.
The biggest accomplishment we have made is sticking to our core mission to focus on each customer individually and help and guide them to the best solution for them as an individual. Our customers needs and experience come first.
What's one of the hardest things that come with being a business owner?
The hardest thing about being a business owner is the stress and pressure that comes from performing and surviving. This industry is very competitive and is hard for people to differentiate the difference and quality between brands. Due to the regulations in the industry most traditional advertising routes are not available. Our efforts to market our brand and products have come at a high cost in time, money, and resources. It has taken a lot of hard work and perseverance to keep the integrity and quality of the products high and to market them in a cost efficient manner.
What are the top tips you'd give to anyone looking to start, run and grow a business today?
1. Create a Clear Vision - You must begin with a clear vision to know where you are going and you serve people in this world.
2. Stay Open Minded- Many times we strongly believe things should go a certain way. Stay focused on your mission but be open to "how" it may unfold.
3. Keep Working Hard - Never give up. Continue pushing forward. You will hit resistance, can you lean into it and push through?
Where can people find you and your business?
If you like what you've read here and have your own story as a solopreneur that you'd like to share, then email email@example.com; we'd love to feature your journey on these pages.
Feel inspired to start, run or grow your own subscription business? Check out subkit.com and learn how you can turn "one day" into day one.